Frequently Asked Questions
When you first log in to your account, you will be taken directly to the Add Patient screen where you’ll add a patient. You need to add a patient to your account, even if you are the patient.
To add another patient, go to Account > Add a Patient. You’ll need either a token or the patient’s medical record number (MRN).
- A token is a 10-digit code you may have received when scheduling an appointment or during a visit.
- The medical record number (MRN) consists of 6 or 7 numbers. Each patient at Boston Children’s has a medical record number. You may be able to find this number on forms or bills.
If you have a token
- Choose whether you are adding your child or yourself to the account
- Enter the token number and the patient’s date of birth, then select Submit.
If you have the patient’s MRN
- Choose whether you are adding your child or yourself to the account.
- Enter the required information. Then select Submit.
Please allow up to one business day for approval.
- To update your password or security question, go to Account.
- To update your login email address, go to Account > Change Email.
- To update your address phone number, contact email address, or emergency contact information go to Account > My Contact Information.
- To upload a patient ID photo, go to Account > Patient Photo Upload, then follow the instructions.
- To update your insurance information, go to Billing > Insurance Summary. We review all insurance changes.
- To make a name change or update the patient's sex, call Medical Records at 617-355-7544.
- To update your primary care physician’s information, contact your department. To be directed to the department, call the Boston Children’s Hospital main line at 617-355-6000 or go to Centers , Departments & Divisions , or Programs
To use the portal, you will need:
- your own email address that you check regularly
- the most recent version of Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Microsoft Edge
- the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader