What is MyChildren's?
MyChildren's is a convenient, easy to use and secure way to access your child's health information. You can view a copy of your child/ dependent's health records, send secure messages to a clinician, request an appointment, view demographic information and pay your balance online.
Who can participate?
You are eligible if you are:
• A parent or legal guardian of a patient
• A patient age 13 and older (Parents/guardians of 13 and 14 year olds will be notified that an account has been created.)
How do I login to MyChildren's?
You log in using the email address you registered with and your password. MyChildren's requires a security code—that you'll receive via text or email—to access your account. Once you've set up your security code delivery method, you can click Remember me; if you always use the same computer, you won't have to enter the security code every time you access MyChildren's.
What health record information can I view?
The Health Record is a subset of available information, and should not be regarded as a complete health record. Your child's measurement and lab test information is filtered to remove sensitive and/or redundant information. If you would like a complete copy of your child's health record, please contact our Medical Records department at 617-355-7546.
Note the following:
Information from outside sources may not be immediately available.
- MyChildren's is an electronic copy of portions of your child/dependent's medical record.
- Labs are available when they are resulted. Results include tests done in outpatient, inpatient and emergency department settings.
- You can access Radiology reports.
- You can access most clinic notes.
What do I need to access MyChildren's?
- An email address that you check regularly
- Internet Explorer /Microsoft Edge 11 (PC), most recent version of Firefox, Google Chrome (PC or Mac) or Safari (Mac)
- Latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader
For more information, see our Frequently Asked Questions.